Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Butterfly wedding cake :)

My friend Natalie who I have known since high school got married :) It was awesome that her and the love of her life are getting married, but what makes it even more special for me is she asked me to make her wedding cake....Of course I am honorred that she likes my cakes enough that she believes that I will make an awesome cake for her wedding. Well she wanted butterflies and the colors to be black,Ivory and red. I figure I can do this :) It was a long process and a lot of work but I got it done. I personally feel that it turned out beautiful. I took my daughter Izabella with me to the wedding and it was a beautiful day for a beautiful bride. Here is some pics of the cake

Photobucket

I wanted it to look like the butterflies were flying off of the cake...She loved her cake!! The cake was a buttermilk chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting. Then I covered it all with a black vanilla fondant. It turned out to be one of my favorite cakes so far. Making these cakes can be a lot of work but the sense of accomplishment and pride that I get at the end of everyone is well worth it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment